Nowadays in modern world and lifestyle, it’s always impossible to get unaffected with environmental pollution and chemicals. However, this prolonged exposure is not healthy in any way. In spite of these hormonal changes, aging and medications are also a cause of skin darkening and patchy skin.
Melasma or hyperpigmentation:
In this condition patches of skin get more pigmentation than other parts. Actually, these darker patches are the because of excess production of melanin cells or melanocytes. While Melasma is not a health condition itself but it’s a symptom of many other persisting health issues including chronic diarrheas, constipation, hypertension, hormonal imbalances and many other. Therefore it’s highly recommended to treat the problem before the symptoms but in some situation, it’s not that easy. In fact, if you are a social person and you need to have a presentable appearance then it becomes embarrassing sometimes. Anyhow treatment of the problem and symptoms goes parallel in this situation.
However, some might have these patches during pregnancy and during the lactation period in this time, it’s most difficult to have any other oral medications. Therefore the best option is a home based remedy to the existent problem. However, using pharmaceuticals products or cosmetics can just cover the problem but could not treat the problem from the root. Here I am going to share some home remedies to eliminate the dark patches without causing any adverse effect.
1. Baking soda and olive oil mask:
Baking soda has property to fade away the dark patches by discoloring the melanin cells. Same goes with the salt which helps in removing the darker dead skin cell. In addition, olive oil used in the process is very effective in redrawing healthy skin cell and moisturizing the skin by providing needed vitamin E.
- Salt, 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
- Baking soda, 1 tablespoon
How to make:
- Take one tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl and add salt and baking soda in it.
- Mix until it changes into the homogenous mixture and then let it rest for a few minutes.
- Now apply the paste on the patches with a soft hand and then let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse your face with cold water and pat dry with a soft cotton cloth.
- Apply some moisturizer or simply coconut oil light massage will help a lot.
Before applying this mixture on the larger area to apply on a small patch and observe if it causes any skin damage or scars.
2. White clay:
White clay is used in many home remedies for skin and hair as it provides essential minerals and vitamins for healthy skin. Lemon is also used as antioxidant help in fading the patches and lighters the darker area.
How to use:
- Place powdered white clay in a large bowl and add lemon juice and milk to make a smooth paste.
- Mix well until it forms a smooth paste and then applies on the affected area.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes or until it dries completely.
- Now wash it with cold water and lightly scrub it with gentle fingers.
- Pat dry with a soft towel and then apply some moisturizer.
- Best time to use it before bedtime.
Precaution to be taken:
- Keep yourself hydrated and eat food rich in vitamin E
- Olive oil used in remedies or orally must be virgin and genuine.
- Use skim milk for the remedies.
- Avoid sunlight exposure as much as possible.
- Use sunscreen when going out during the daytime.
- Continue the procedure at least for a month to get the better result.