The blueberry diet involves, yes, eating tons of blueberries. Dieters will eat two to three cups of blueberries every day in the form of smoothie, and full meal recipes. The diet is designed to help you get the recommended amount of vitamins and nutrients that your body needs to function well throughout the day. In addition, this diet program is said to be one of the best ways to take away belly fat, improve heart health, and boost your overall health.
Blueberry Diet For Weight Loss
What happens when you do the blueberry diet
Blueberries can help you lose weight because:
- They contain phytochemicals and phytonutrients that help combat early signs of aging, keeping your body in top condition.
- They are low-glycemic, meaning eating them will not trigger insulin resistance and weight gain.
- They are rich in vitamins K and C that help those suffering from autoimmune diseases and joint issues.
- They contain manganese that helps regulate blood sugar levels
- They have antioxidants that help improve cognition, nerve function, and mood.
- They contain four grams of fiber per serving, helping get rid of body fat.
- They contain only 57 calories a cup.
- They are filling.
- They are rich in vitamin B6 that helps regulate thyroid and pituitary glands.
- They are mildly diuretic, helping get rid of bloating.
Replace one to two meals daily with a cup of blueberries
The diet involves replacing up to two meals every day with a cup of blueberries, followed by a glass or two of water. If you cannot skip two full meals in a day, then you can just eat the berries as a snack. It is important to drink water right after eating blueberries to help the fiber and pectin swell in your intestines, and block carbohydrates. You can also eat them with coconut milk or almond milk, but avoid dairy products.
So that’s really the only structure you need to follow – eat a minimum of one balanced, healthy meal per day and eat a cup of blueberries for the other two meals. Drinking plenty of water in between will also help you to feel fuller and offset hunger.
Avoid eating white carbohydrates
All white carbohydrates must be avoided while you are on the blueberry diet. It means you should stay away from sugary and starchy foods, including pasta, white rice, refined breads, dairy, and potatoes. These foods will ruin your weight loss strategy because they can cause you to gain weight. Instead, you should eat low-glycemic carbs, such as zucchini.
Easy to follow and affordable
The blueberry diet is easy to follow. You do not have to hire professional chefs to cook your meals. All you have to do is to stock your kitchen with blueberries, which you can purchase in bulk to lower the cost. You will see blueberries from any supermarket, even when they are not in season. There is no need to spend hours in the kitchen because this diet program only requires you to indulge in one fruit to lose weight.
Blueberry is one of the most popular fruits in the world. Making it a part of your diet will give you an extra health boost as you try to lose weight. The fruit is packed with powerful antioxidants, is low in calories, and is enough to keep you feeling full until your next meal. All you have to do is to eat up to three cups of blueberries a day as a meal replacement, avoid all starchy and sugary foods and drinks, and you should see results in no time.